Wednesday, December 10, 2008

POWER DONUT???? GQ SENDS A MESSAGE AND SALLY HAS A REBUTTAL!

I get up.......smack some makeup on.....fluff the do.......and settle in with my java! That's the most important thing to me in the morning is my coffee! Can't live with out it (it'll probably be the death of me); anyway, I'm sip'n on my Maxwell house and scroll'n thru the current events and low and behold something catches my eye. On the MSN Lifestyle in the Well Groomed Male there's a topic that's very luring to me: BRING BACK THE POWER DONUT! It talks about how balding men, in general, have decided to take matters into their own hands and have basically destroyed the work of art that GQ is calling the POWER DONUT; essentially, having the chrome dome on top and the drapes around the sides.......Gerald Ford, Larry David, Al Roker and Ron Howard,
the Grand Marshall of them all, made GQ's Hall of Fame for the Power Donuts! I, for one, could really care less who has what on their heads. In fact, I have to agree with GQ that these men look great and I've never even given it a thought (until now). But if they're gonna bring it up for discussion, let's discuss: The only thing I have to say about it is that it depends on the individuals head shape......with that, I mean, if he's got a freak'n egg head, I really don't want a "skullet", if you will, hanging all over this head (and that would just be my opinion if it were my husband or significant other)! I just wouldn't want the poor guy going out in public look'n like a jerk. Now; lets talk about how GQ is taking away from the baldness of American Men........there's power in the BALD GUY!!! We see it every day.......why can't we have it both ways.......let's not discriminate and lash out at those that DO decide to grab the BIC and take matters into their own hands and just say screw it! "I'm gonna shave it all off today!".....I admire these guys; in fact, I wish I could do it! A lot less maintenance and by damn, it looks quite debonair if you ask me!!
It takes a good look'n head to make a bald head, but more importantly, it takes a smart man to just DO IT! And with that, I will post my Power Chrome Head of the day: the Voice of the Arkansas Football Razorbacks, Chuck Barrett.......Congrats Chuck!...........peace!

No comments: