Tuesday, December 30, 2008

EVEN THE CHRISTMAS DECOR WANT IT TO BE OVER!


It's been a long and drawn out Christmas season........remember, if you will.....the merchants started decorating the isles way before Halloween was even over with! Bloomberg.com reported that U.S. retailers’ sales declined last week, the most in almost six years as, steeper markdowns before and after Christmas failed to salvage what may be the worst holiday shopping season in four decades. In the report, it states that some retailer's had to slash prices as high as 70% to try and regain what was left. But you know.....this kind of makes me think back to the pre-Halloween display of Christmas "thrown upon us" and as I've heard time and time again; "Thanksgiving is getting lost in the mix of the holidays!" And it's true......I've always been one of those shoppers that tries and get the majority of my shopping done pre-Thanksgiving or at LEAST by December 1st. It's just been a little challenge of mine that I've had embedded in my brain ever since I've had to go out into the gambit of the monotony of the shopping craze.......and for the record-I'M NOT A SHOPPER! HATE IT WITH A PASSION! If I have to buy something or need something....I go in and get it.....if I can't find it.......I don't need it........improvise! I've walked in to a building supply house before and lit up a whole NEW house in a matter of 30 minutes by just having a list. First decisions are the best decisions, in my book and why shop, shop, shop until you drop?! Ain't got it in me and I ain't got the time for it.....got better things to do with my time! But back to the economic downfall of the retailers---so with everything being displayed early at full price, it kind of hacks me off that me, the introverted shopper that hates crowds, has to pay full price for the crap, that now, I can get at the same price at 70% off! But, such as life.......and with that, I've posted the only picture that I thought suitable for this whole situation! You can come to your own determination on how you would pen it........but me, I'm thinking.........screw em' all! Peace Out!

No comments: