Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OCTOBER IS BREAST AWARENESS MONTH!


Cheryl Crow, Christina Applegate and Melissa Etheridge are just a few of the celeb survivors that I'm saluting today and this month......even though Christina is just a mere tot; all of 36 and not quite a full grown Cougar yet, I will let her stand.....because, after all, these ladies are vicious Tigers in my book when you go up against the biggest battle that we, as women, often have to fight; Breast Cancer! And just look at them....they're amazing!!! Christinia is back doing her "Samantha Who" series and looks fabulous; Cheryl has written the forward for Chris Carr's book "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer Tips" since her lump-ectomy and not to mention, toured and had a successful new album this year with "Detours"; and the Grammy award winning Melissa has written songs since her cancer to benefit the cause and was showcased in India Arie's tribute "I'm Not My Hair." Girls, get your butts to the doctor and get that mammogram....mine is coming up next month; I always dread it; but feel a since of relief and victory when I'm done because I know that I took one for the team.....just remember Melissa at the Grammys in February singing Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart".....if these Cougars can get through all of this, we can get a mammogram for them! Watch this video of Josh Stone and Melissa at the Grammys! I forgot HOW KICK ASS IT WAS AND STILL IS!!!!! PEACE OUT!!!

No comments: