Friday, October 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!


Actually his birthday will not be until Sunday, the 26th; however, as a "Cougar", my weekend is filled with many, many extra curricular activities and prowling.....but I can not forget to give a big SALUTE to the man who made me the political advocate (and O'bama, a word to the wise: I've been using that handle WAY longer than you can EVEN flip an adjective at!) that I am today.....yes, I owe alot to my parents. They have set a good base for me; and I kicked and screamed the whole way in my forming years; but now, I'm not in denial and everything they said WAS AND IS TRUE!!! The one thing I wish they would have told me sooner was that life sucks alot; however, you have to make it what it is! And being the pessimist that I am, sometimes gets me down......but I'm still learning and they (my parents) are still listening. That's what's so great about them......they've always listened and not judged or tried to sway when I was damned and determined to do something they didn't agree with.......but they eventually got their say......."the, 'I told you so' look".....in a quiet, sort of manner.......so back to Daddy.....his birthday will be Sunday and have you picked him out yet?? Well, it's not Nixon (on the left) and it's not Win Rockefeller (in the middle), so it's got to be him on the right! Yep, that's my dad! I think he was try'n to tell Dick to keep his nose clean......that's o.k., Dad, he will tell ya you were right, too! Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Virgil said...

A good man he is, politics aside. He bought me my first steak sandwich.