Monday, August 18, 2008

DEBATE: TORRES' VS STEFFEN'S FINGERNAILS???



Well, well......what can we say. We gave it our best shot and if I say so myself, I think YOU did a FINE job representing the Cougars......As reported, Dara lost by just a hundredth of a second to Germany's Britta Steffen 24:06 to Torres' 24:07 by a FINGERTIP.......hummmmm.......(above LR: Torres, Steffen, Campbell) I'm gonna have to ponder this one. They were stroke for stroke; Steffen reached with her left hand, Torres with her right; Steffen got there first. O.K. My question is; Do they measure your fingers and or your fingernails???? Are you allowed a manicure before you swim?????? French tips???? or OPI Nail Polish???? or just a clear, acrylic overlay????? I've got questions here and I'm not being satisfied by these reports of Dara being beat by a "FINGER TIP"! Dara also came in second on the last leg of the relay to bring in the silver on that race, as well. I'm still givin' her props for putt'n it out there! And just for the record, if no one read my previous quote by Lil' Miss Kitten Cate Campbell from Australia when she made the statement that she didn't think she'd be competing when she was "THAT AGE"; well, the Australian Kitten claimed the Bronze with a sloppy 24:17. So, that goes to show ya that silver can still be gold when some 16 little ol' whipper snapper is talk'n smack and then pulls up the rear after the Cougar prevails!!! Kitten's got a LOT to learn.........
(Photo credit: Al Bello/Getty Images)

No comments: