Saturday, August 16, 2008

DARA PLAYS MOM AND STILL WINS


Well, today's the day......yes, I have been meditating this week and thinking of HIM. However, what full blown, red blooded American could NOT slip a peek and watch the U.S. perform for us this week. And I, for one, have slipped more than one, I admit.......I have loved the volleyball! Those girls are GREAT and I love the kinetics tape!!! SO FLASHY and SMART!!!! A girl's gotta take care of herself!!!! But of course, I've been waiting on my home girl, Dara.....and yes, she made us COUGARS, AGAIN.....PROUD!!!!!

Even though she was out dueled in her own heat of the 50 Freestyle by the little baby kitten, 16 year old Australian, Cate Campbell, she still qualified for the heat and will be swimming today. All the while, little Miss Cate is quoted as making quotes as saying "She's an amazing woman....."blah, blah, blah....(blow'n smoke, ya know), but then she makes a HORRIBLE SNAFU!!!! She basically jinxes herself by making this horrible statement "I can tell you I don't want to be competing when I'm 40." HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Little Kitten gonna regret say'n that when she's all washed up (oh, I'm kill'n myself.......) when she's washing dishes at the age of 40 and about 200+!!!! Girl better back up on that statement REAL QUICK!!!!!!!

During the heat semi's, she was more concerned about Sweden's girl swimming because right before the heat was to begin, the girl's suit ripped.....and guess who was to Sweden's rescue?? DARA!!!! Yep, the momma instinct was taking care of the little cub that was needing a little fix.....I'm tell'n ya, these Cougars are super hero's!!!! (There ought to be a show called that, "Cougars.....Super Hero's!"

Anyway, back to Dara......gonna give her a big shout out tonight and hope for the best for her!! In fact, I'm gonna say a little prayer for her and hope that she full fills her goal at not only making her dream come true AGAIN, but puts a little spark back in us 40 plus Cougars. She has all ready proved that 40 is the new 30 in more ways than one!!!! And I, for one, say "Swim on Girl!!!" Good Luck Dara!!!!

No comments: