Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08 LET'S TRY GOD TODAY INSTEAD OF THE OLYMPICS.......


I know.....you may think this is a little out of character for me today; however, it's been a wonderful morning, in some ways, and in some, it's been.......well, an eye opening experience. Today has marked an important day in my life in a few ways and I guess I have to owe it to our maker; the one above. So today, I'm posting for him, our Almighty Maker and hoping that everyone will walk with him today on their daily travels. We all can have victory with Him with us by our side and we all can be victors! I know the media is all up in arms over the Olympics starting and all of that hooplah; but I think it's a day in history that we should not forget. 08-08-08 will not come again for another 1000 years and with that, we should look to a higher place; and I really don't think a commercialized Olympic coverage, or a mud slinging campaign ad is something we need to ponder today. However, I do wish the Olympians good luck, and hopefully they will have HIM with them as well......I would like to close with a quote from Joshua, by Meyer;

There is no foe to your growth in grace, no enemy in your Christian work, which was not included in your Savior's conquests.

You need not be afrad of them. When you touch them, they will flee before you. God has promised to deliver them up before you. Only be strong and very courageous! For not, nor be dismayed! The Lord is with you, O mighty men of valor ---mighty because you are one with the Mightiest. Claim victory!

Whenever your enemies cloe in upon you, claim Victory! Whenever heart and flesh fail, look up and claim VICTORY!

Be sure that you have a share in that triumph which Jesus won, not for Himself alone, but for us all; remember that you were in Him when He won it, and claim victory!

Reckon that it is yours, and gather spoil. Neither the Anakim nor fenced cities need daunt or abash you. You are one of the conquering legion. Claim your share in the Savior's victory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot comment as I do believe that something is very wrong with Sally. Could it be overdose? I am off to attend to her.