Tuesday, July 15, 2008

On this date: July 14th, 1946 DR. SPOCK'S COMMON SENSE BOOK AND CHILD CARE BOOK PUBLISHED


Dr. Benjamin Spock, 1903-1998His life covered most of the last century. His influence will reach far into the next. He was, and will always be, a man for all children. I raised my first two children by this book, as did my mom on me and my sibling......if the world would use more of Dr. Spock's insight, we might have a better place to live these days! I think every hospital should give out this book when a child is born......don't get me wrong, some of the stuff I might not have agreed with; but for the most part, the tips were well received by myself and if I might ad, I think I turned out o.k.........(some of you may disagree; but then your parents probably didn't go by the book, now did they!!??) Oh, and by the way, I think I know some well to do people that currently reside in the Late Dr. Spock's Northwest Arkansas residence on Beaver Lake......I heard it's a gem!!!!

2 comments:

Virgil said...

I agree Sally. I had the honor of knowing the good Dr. and he was a wonderful man. I also know those folks who live in his house. I hear that it's their cousin-not them who is well to do.

Sally "COUGAR" Snoddy said...

is their cousin a he or a she???? I'm still look'n for Mr. GoodBar!