Thursday, November 12, 2009

Death Penalty for Vance-alot of burried secrets......








Yesterday, the jury of six men and six women convicted Anne Pressley's murderer, Lavelle Vance, guilty of all counts on capital murder. The picture of Patti Cannady weeping on the front page of the ADG is haunting.......it makes me sad and glad for her at the same time. But there are things that don't add up in my sick little brain when I read some of the testimonies that tell of what happen to poor Anne in those minutes of trauma.......as described by Dr. Stephen Erickson, the states deputy chief medical examiner, "Pressley was struck at least a dozen times, several times in the face, with each blow splitting her skin. He said she suffered five skull fractures." First of all.......why would a burglar take the time to disfigure someone so? Why would a "stranger", as Prosecutor Johnson put it, want to take the time to take Anne's beautiful face away and not her belongings.........I don't get that? Did he really hate her that much and have that much ill-will towards her for fighting back? Supposedly this was a random burglary.........or maybe he was stalking her-but still, why would you take a blunt object to someone that is beautiful unless.....unless........you're jealous? Bitter? Rejected? Scorned? There are a lot of emotions I could think of for tearing off someones face just because I am a woman and could be really vicious and vindictive at times.......but why? Why do this? Why break in to a woman's house to burglarize and rape and then beat her beautiful face beyond recognition? Don't make sense to me.........You kill Vance and all the secrets will be buried......sounds like a good plan. Whose getting justice in this case? Yes, I think he played a part and Yes, I think he is getting his........however, I think there is more to it than is being told and that may ever be told..........As for Patti Cannady, I'm sure if you were to ask her what her feelings are 5 years down the road, or even 20 years after Vance has been fried and long and gone, she'll have the same response that Patricia's mother has said every time........."Why didn't you just take me instead? She had her whole life ahead of her and you took it away! Why didn't you just take me.........." Peace Out............Bless the families of brutally murdered victims.








Anne Pressley 8/28/1982-10/25/2008




Patricia Elsken 3/12/1964-4/11/1988

No comments: